5 Tips to Help You Prepare for Certificate of Practice Renewals
CPSM registrants are required to renew their Certificate of Practice yearly. You must complete an online questionnaire and pay the renewal fee.
Renewals for Medical Corporations will also be required at this time.
Renewal notices will be sent to CPSM registrants via email by the end of September.
If your email has changed, please notify CPSM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are five tips to help you prepare for your renewal.
1. Set aside 10-15 minutes.
Certificate of Practice renewals include a series of questions you must respond to, which should take 10-15 minutes.
This is your opportunity to update your information and disclose any changes. Notifying CPSM of any updates and changes that may impact your practice is mandatory. See list of Disclosure Requirements and Notice of Changes for more details.
2. Have your login information ready.
You will receive your renewal notice by email before the end of September. When renewing, please have ready:
- Username: Your username will be included in the renewal notice.
- Password: Your password has not changed since your last login. If you have forgotten your password, navigate to the CPSM Portal and select the Click Here to Recover Your Password to change your password.
You can find the CPSM Portal login on the top right corner of any page on the CPSM website.
Credit card for payment: Payment is accepted by credit card only (MC, VISA, AMEX). Once your payment has been made, a receipt will be available for you to download directly from the CPSM portal.
3. Renewal must be completed by Registrants only.
Registrants must complete their renewal; please do not ask a spouse, partner, or administrative staff to complete the renewal for you.
4. Avoid late penalties by renewing on time.
The deadline for renewals is October 31. Renewals completed after this date are subject to late penalties. One month after the deadline (December 1) a daily late fee applies. See the table below for details.
5. The 2023 fees are:
- Physician (Full Practicing, Provisional, and Assessment Candidate registrants) fees are $2,220.
- Physician Assistant and Regulated Associate Member – Clinical Assistant annual certificate of practice fee is $432.
- Medical Corporation renewal fee is $215.
See the table below for more information and the CPSM Fee Bylaw for full details.
If you have any questions or require assistance during your renewal, please contact CPSM at 204-774-4344, or by e-mail at email@example.com. CPSM office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.