Educational Register

Prequalification clinical students must be enrolled on the Educational Register.  This includes medical and physician assistant students enrolled in the University of Manitoba and medical graduates who do not yet qualify for registration.  A person registered on the Educational Register is entitled to practise in an approved training program but only under the supervision of the medical staff of that program.


A visiting or external student is a graduate or undergraduate student who is enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine of an approved university who is meeting the requirements of that university during a course of study at the University of Manitoba.  Such a student must show evidence that these conditions have been accepted by the University of Manitoba and that the student has been advised that the course of study may not meet any other requirements.  A visiting or external student may be enrolled on the Educational Register for a maximum period of six months, however, this may be repeated.  An Application Form is available from the Medical Education Office, University of Manitoba 204-977-5675.


Information on residency positions is available from the Postgraduate Medical Education Office, University of Manitoba.  If accepted into a residency program, in addition to the entry requirements set by the University, applicants require either a valid pass standing in the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) 1 and 2, or FLEX for educational enrollment.

Requirements for Registration

Note:  Applications are not available for download on the website.  If you are applying as:

FORMS AND DOCUMENTS – Please contact the College to obtain forms for the Educational Register