How to Submit a Complaint
1. PUT YOUR COMPLAINT IN WRITING
Your complaint must be made in writing and signed by you. Click here to go to the Complaints Submission Process page.
Regardless of the format in which you choose to submit your written complaint, it must be signed by you.
You should include the following information:
- Your name, address, postal code, telephone number and personal health information identification number from your Manitoba Health card;
- Name of the physician(s) of concern and any other physicians involved in this matter;
- The dates of the service received;
- The name and address of other caregivers, including physicians, from whom information should be obtained;
- The name of any hospitals attended during the period of complaint and the dates upon which you were treated at that hospital;
- A clear description of the complaint about the physician(s);
- State your authority to legally act on behalf of the individual who is the patient.
If your concern involves more than one physician, a separate letter/form is required for each physician about whom you wish to complain.
2. SUBMIT YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE COLLEGE
You may submit your complaint to the College by delivering or mailing it to:
The Complaints Department
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
1000-1661 Portage Avenue
Alternatively, your complaint can be faxed to (204) 774-0750 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to attach the SIGNED forms.