- two licensed members selected by the Faculty of Medicine from members of the Faculty, each of whom will serve for a four year term;
- not less than 16 elected licensed members of the College, each of whom will serve for a four year term;
- four public representatives, two of whom are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council and two by the Council, each of whom will serve for a four year term, unless sooner terminated by the Lieutenant Governor in Council or Council as the case may be;
- one associate member, elected by the associate members, to serve for a one year term; and
- the President and Past President, each of whom will serve a one year term in that capacity whether or not they have been re-elected or re-appointed.
Vacancies on Council during the term of office of any Councillor will be filled in accordance with sections 31(6) and 31(7) of The Medical Act .